As you know, having a clean credit report is essential to your financial future, and credit reporting errors can be extremely damaging and costly.
Our firm has extensive experience in protecting consumers, just like you from inaccurate credit reporting.
Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), you have a right to the fair and accurate reporting of your credit information. You are also entitled to certain privacy rights concerning your credit information and protection from the misuse of your credit information.
If someone violates your rights under the FCRA, you have some remedies available. The type of remedy will depend on whether the violation was intentional or negligent.
If you suspect that your credit is inaccurate or If you have credit report errors that you cannot get removed, we can review your credit report at No Cost to you.
Why is fixing your credit report so important?
Because we have found that many credit reports contain errors after a bankruptcy.
And because those errors can damage, if not kill:
- Your ability to re-establish your credit,
- Your credit score,
- Your ability to qualify for a loan or credit,
- And, even if you do qualify, your ability to get as much of a loan as you need or the interest you deserve, and
- Generally, your ability to make the most of the “fresh start” your bankruptcy provided.
An accurate credit report can make all the difference. So, let’s get started. Here’s how.
How to Get Started:
- STEP 1: On your computer, laptop, or smartphone, go to www.experian.com
- STEP 2: Click on the purple “Let’s get started” button.
- STEP 3: Fill out the “Tell Us About Yourself” section. Then, click on the purple “Create Your Account” button.
- It is important to write down your Experian.com: (1) Username and (2) Password
- STEP 4: Fill in the “Verify Your Identity” section. Then, click on the purple “Continue” button
- STEP 5: Answer the questions to further identify you in the “Create Your Account” section. Then, click on the purple “Continue” button (There may be 2 of these screens to fill out.)
- STEP 6: Fill in the “Account Security” section (making sure you write down your answers). Then, click on the purple “Submit and Continue” button. Doing so will bring you to a screen that shows your current credit score.
- STEP 7: Find and click on “See your report”.
- In order to print all three reports, you will need to click on the Experian, Equifax and Transunion tabs before printing/saving each report.
- STEP 8: Once you have clicked on “see your report” you can send us your reports one of the following ways:
- Upload your reports in the form below or;
- Email your username and password to [email protected] so we can login in pull your credit report (We would then “cancel” your account to avoid you being billed.)
- We will also need your 4-digit pin and security answer if you choose to have our firm pull the report for you
- STEP 9: Once your report is pulled, we ask that you review it thoroughly for any errors you may see and notify us if anything is out of the ordinary.
- STEP 10: Once we have all 3 of your credit reports it typically takes our firm 3-5 business days to review your report. We will email you with an update after your report is reviewed.
If you run into any difficulties or have any questions about the process, please call us at (916) 290-7778.
If you are unable to create an account using Experian.com, please CLICK HERE for alternatives.